En español | Social Security Administration (SSA) workplaces are at the moment closed to walk-in visits because of the coronavirus pandemic. In sure, very restricted circumstances, you could possibly schedule an in-person go to, and plenty of Social Security companies might be accessed on-line or by phone.
On the federal holidays Social Security observes annually, scheduled visits are unavailable, as are some phone companies that require dwell representatives. The following such event is Friday, June 18, on which U.S. authorities workplaces are closing in observance of the newly declared Juneteenth vacation.
The following closure after that will likely be on Monday, July 5, when the federal government observes Independence Day this yr.
This is the Social Security vacation schedule for 2021:
- New Yr’s Day: Friday, Jan. 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, Jan. 18
- Washington’s Birthday/Presidents Day: Monday, Feb. 15
- Memorial Day: Monday, Could 31
- Juneteenth: Friday, June 18 (noticed, as a result of June 19, the date of the Juneteenth vacation, falls on a Saturday)
- Independence Day: Monday, July 5 (noticed, as a result of July 4 falls on a Sunday)
- Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 6
- Columbus Day: Monday, Oct. 11
- Veterans Day: Thursday, Nov. 11
- Thanksgiving: Thursday, Nov. 25
- Christmas: Friday, Dec. 24 (noticed, as a result of Christmas Day falls on a Saturday)
- New Yr’s Day 2022: Friday, Dec. 31 (noticed, as a result of Jan. 1, 2022, falls on a Saturday)
Beneath regular operation, Social Security workplaces are open to in-person visits on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. They’re closed on federal holidays.
The SSA has but to announce when subject workplaces will reopen for walk-in service. In-person visits might be organized, by appointment, in what Social Security calls “dire want conditions” involving advantages points that can not be resolved by telephone, mail or on-line. You may additionally be capable of schedule a go to to appropriate or replace private info connected to your Social Security quantity, corresponding to your identify or citizenship standing.
To see should you qualify for an appointment, name your native Social Security workplace or verify the SSA’s COVID-19 updates web page.