Medicare Plans, a affected person help heart that gives assets for higher understanding Medicare, just lately performed a survey in regards to the thought of Medicare protection for medical hashish remedy and merchandise. Listed here are some highlights from their outcomes.
Just lately, Medicare Plans, a affected person help heart that helps present assets for understanding Medicare, performed a survey of present Medicare recipients on their opinions of Medicare protection for medical hashish remedy and merchandise (1). The survey was performed on-line with 1250 People ages 65 and over surveyed. It coated subjects akin to previous and present hashish use, political affiliations, and the way a lot sufferers spent on hashish merchandise per thirty days. Medicare Plans launched their survey outcomes this month.
Among the most distinguished findings, in accordance with Medicare Plans, included:
- 1 in 5 Medicare recipients at present use medical hashish
- 23% have used medical hashish prior to now
- 66% of Medicare recipients “strongly agree” or “agree” that Medicare ought to cowl medical hashish
- 59% of those that help Medicare protection for medical hashish say it is as a result of it may be efficient the place different remedies fail
- 38% of Medicare recipients who use medical hashish are not looking for Medicare protection as a result of they worry it’ll enhance the value
Medicare Plans identified that at present the usage of medical hashish is authorized in 37 states, 4 territories, and the District of Columbia. Nevertheless, as a result of hashish is each unlawful on the federal degree and, most often, not permitted by the US Meals and Drug Administration (FDA), medical insurance doesn’t pay for it. Medicare Plans additionally famous that with the current passing of the Marijuana Alternative Reinvestment and Expungement (MORE) Act within the Home of Representatives, the query of whether or not insurance coverage ought to cowl medical hashish could quickly should be addressed.
To see the survey leads to element, please go to: https://www.medicareplans.com/1-in-5-medicare-recipients-use-medical-marijuana/