Molina strictly gives health-maintenance group (HMO) medical insurance plans, however this isn’t a draw back as a result of it’s widespread for well being suppliers to supply just one choice.
Molina gives quite a lot of medical insurance choices from minimal protection to platinum plans. In most states, shoppers can select a bronze, silver, gold or platinum plan. All plans are HMOs and fluctuate from state to state.
All Molina healthcare plans embody preventative care companies as mandated by the federal authorities. Well being plans additionally embody household planning companies, pediatric imaginative and prescient, pediatric dental, residence healthcare companies and formulary preventative pharmaceuticals with out factoring within the deductible.
Molina’s well being plans cowl psychological well being companies for in-patient and out-patient care. Plans additionally cowl rehabilitation and habilitation companies, expert nursing care, sturdy medical tools and hospice.
Sufferers should pay larger charges for out-of-network suppliers.
In comparison with different healthcare suppliers, Molina’s customer support rankings may very well be larger.
People might attain the corporate by calling a member companies consultant between 7 a.m. and seven p.m. Monday by means of Friday. Sufferers who want help with long-term companies and assist (LTSS) can name a particular line for questions on long-term companies akin to nursing care.
The Nationwide Affiliation of Insurance coverage Commissioners (NAIC) grievance index or the Higher Enterprise Bureau has not acquired complaints about Molina.
Customers ranked Molina 2.8 out of 5 for customer support. For high quality of care, Molina ranks 2.5. The Web Promoter Rating (NPS) ranks firms for shoppers’ willingness to refer the corporate to a pal. Customers ranked Molina final on the NPS.
Claims are simple to submit with Molina, which prefers to obtain claims inside 90 days of the date of service. Molina additionally has a restrict of 180 days for secondary claims.
Molina processes over 90% of its claims inside 30 calendar days. Practically all claims are processed inside 90 days after receipt of the declare, which suggests sufferers will know the way a lot they need to pay inside an inexpensive timeframe.
|AM Finest Ranking||Not rated|
|NAIC Criticism Index||0 complaints|
|Moody’s Ranking||Ba3 Secure|
|J.D. Energy Ranking||Not relevant|
You will get a quote for medical insurance in a couple of minutes by going to Molina’s web site. It’s a simple option to assess medical insurance prices.
A 35-year-old non-smoking feminine who lives in Ohio can count on to pay about $210 monthly for the Molina Fixed Care Silver 7 250 HMO well being plan. She might qualify for a subsidy to assist pay for the premium, relying on her earnings. If, for instance, the girl made $40,000 per 12 months, she might get a subsidy of about $150 to pay for her healthcare premiums.
With this plan, she wouldn’t need to pay a deductible earlier than receiving companies. If she went to her primary-care physician, she would solely pay $30 for the go to. If she wanted a specialist, she might count on to pay $90 for the go to. Prescriptions would price her as much as $30 for generic medication. If her medical payments maxed out her coverage, her out-of-pocket duty can be $8,550.
On common, a lady of this age might count on to pay about $2,974 per 12 months, which equates to $248 monthly.
The corporate gives seven plans in Ohio, and the Fixed Care Silver 7 250 HMO ranks twenty fifth of all plans obtainable within the state.
Molina Healthcare’s major opponents are Humana Inc., L.A. Care Well being Plan, Dignity Well being, Magellan Well being and Centene Corp. Molina ranks second amongst these firms within the space of premium pricing.
Molina Healthcare accepts checks, bank cards and digital funds transfers (EFTs). Customers can mail their funds into the corporate, cellphone in funds, pay on-line or pay in particular person.
|Most Annual out of Pocket||$0|
California-based Molina gives the next plans in its residence state:
1. Molina Minimal Protection HMO: $8,700 deductible and $8,700 out-of-pocket most. No price for major care or specialist visits.
2. Molina $0 Value Share HMO AI-AN: $0 deductible and $0 out-of-pocket most. No charges for major care or specialist visits.
3. Molina Bronze 60 HMO: $6,300 deductible and $8,200 out-of-pocket most. Main care workplace visits are $65, and specialist visits are $95.
4. Molina Silver 70 HMO: $3,700 deductible and $8,200 out-of-pocket most. Main care workplace visits are $35, and specialist visits are $70.
5. Molina Silver 73 HMO: $3,700 deductible and $6,300 out-of-pocket most. Main care workplace visits are $35, and specialist visits are $70.
6. Molina Silver 87 HMO: $800 deductible and $2,850 out-of-pocket most. Main care workplace visits are $15, and specialist visits are $25.
7. Molina Silver 94 HMO: $75 deductible and $800 out-of-pocket most. Main care workplace visits are $5 and specialist visits are $8.
8. Molina Gold 80 HMO: $0 deductible and $8,200 out-of-pocket most. Main care workplace visits are $35, and specialist visits are $65.
9. Molina Platinum 90 HMO: $0 deductible and $4,500 out-of-pocket most. Main care workplace visits are $15, and specialist visits are $30.
The Molina Value Share HMO AI-AN is particularly designed for American Indians and Alaskan Natives who’ve family incomes between 100% and 300% of the federal poverty stage.
General, the advantages of Molina well being plans are much like its opponents, though its pricing is usually extra favorable than its opponents.
It’s simple to use for a Molina healthcare plan by going to its web site. It would ask the identical fundamental questions as every other well being plan supplier, together with gender, age, marital standing, smoking standing and earnings. Candidates shall be requested to share their e mail addresses to obtain quotes, which additionally will obtainable on-line after they’re prepared.
Quotes will element whether or not the buyer qualifies for a subsidy and the way a lot the subsidy will contribute to their premium funds.
Molina additionally has a helpful cellular app that in style with shoppers. Customers can simply view their insurance policies on their cell phones. They will additionally share their Molina member ID card or get a alternative card.
Customers who want help can use the cellular app to contact the 24-hour Nurse Recommendation Line or get involved with their care supervisor. Individuals who choose utilizing a desktop or laptop computer pc can get the identical options straight on Molina’s web site.
Molina clients additionally take pleasure in entry to the My Molina portal. They will use the portal to make funds, change docs, replace their contact info or request an ID card. They will additionally log in to view their service historical past or get well being reminders on essential companies.
For individuals who want language help, Molina additionally gives multi-language interpreter companies.
My Molina is a one-stop platform the place shoppers can handle virtually all points of their healthcare wants.
Molina Healthcare vs Opponents
In comparison with its opponents, Molina is the chief in offering reasonably priced care. The corporate has a coronary heart for low-income individuals who want healthcare and have bother affording it. Molina’s well being plans mirror the corporate’s care and concern for underserved populations and individuals who fail to hunt healthcare due to the prices.
Molina additionally gives catastrophic well being plans and high-deductible plans to individuals who in any other case may not be capable to afford protection.
One other space the place Molina Healthcare shines is in wellness and preventative companies. Many wellness companies are free. Most significantly, Molina treats all individuals no matter race, ethnicity or gender with dignity and compassion.
Whereas Molina Healthcare solely gives HMO well being plans in most states, due to the number of choices, there’s something appropriate for everybody.
Molina Healthcare is a Fortune 500 firm based mostly in California that gives well being plans below state marketplaces. It additionally supplies healthcare companies below Medicare and Medicaid. The corporate serves round 4.6 million individuals by means of the domestically operated well being plans it gives plans in 15 states.
Molina has a storied historical past of serving to low-income sufferers obtain healthcare no matter their means to pay for companies.
It encourages variety, fairness and inclusiveness by providing a program to certify suppliers who’re pleasant towards girls, minorities, veterans and others dwelling with disabilities in addition to the LGBT neighborhood.
- Low earnings households
- Preventative care
- 3 to 4 tiers of medical insurance plans
- Aggressive quotes
- Give attention to wellness
- Customer support may very well be higher
- Not obtainable in all states
Previously, Aetna medical insurance plans have been obtainable on Reasonably priced Care Act (ACA) Marketplaces throughout the nation. Although Aetna not gives ACA-compliant plans, the corporate continues to make healthcare extra reasonably priced by means of Medicare Benefit Half D protection and dental insurance coverage.
Aetna’s Medicare choices lengthen to most components of the nation, and premiums for Benefit plans start at $0 a month. Half D protection, which helps pay for pharmaceuticals, begins at about $7 a month in most states. Moreover, Aetna gives dental insurance coverage and dental low cost plan choices that anybody who doesn’t have dental protection by means of their employer can benefit from. As well as, Aetna additionally gives various further advantages not seen with different protection suppliers, together with reductions on pharmaceuticals and rewards for assembly well being targets.
- Presents a number of cellular app choices to reward you for reaching health targets
- Dental low cost plans might embody protection for pharmaceuticals
- Medicare Benefit plans obtainable with no month-to-month premiums
- Imaginative and prescient insurance coverage solely obtainable when bought with a dental plan
- ACA-compliant medical insurance not obtainable
securely by means of Blue Cross Blue Defend’s
Blue Cross Blue Defend consists of 35 separate firms that present medical insurance for roughly one-third of Individuals. The corporate serves all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and plenty of worldwide areas.
When you look into the BCBS associates close to you, perceive what well being plans can be found in addition to the medical insurance price. It gives in depth protection that provides nearly each American the chance to buy a BCBS-affiliated well being plan. Nonetheless, make sure you learn up on the corporate as a result of the premiums and deductibles might not go well with you and your circumstances.
- Want for a brand new physician with loads of choices
- No cap on annual most limits
- Complete protection with unique reductions and partnerships
- Protection in all 50 states and outdoors the nation
- Covers each generic and brand-name medication
- Broad community of docs, hospitals and specialists
- Plans supplied by means of regional firms, which means it’s essential to look to your regional firm for particular insurance policies
- Primary customer support helpline could also be tough to succeed in
It isn’t simple to decide on a medical insurance firm. You need to guarantee you choose the most effective provider that may give you the final word safety and has a wonderful status inside the trade. With annual income within the billions, Louisville, Kentucky-based Humana Well being Insurance coverage Co. is without doubt one of the largest medical insurance carriers within the U.S. and gives protection for thousands and thousands of individuals. Humana is on the market in all 50 states and sells particular person insurance coverage, Medicare plans and group medical insurance plans to companies.
- Individuals ages 65 and older and trying to enroll in Medicare
- Extras akin to dental and imaginative and prescient protection
- Free health program
- A enterprise of any measurement
- Partnerships with Walgreens and Walmart to carry you expanded prescription drug protection
- Rewards for wholesome habits
- Giant supplier community
- HMO plans solely obtainable in 22 of fifty states
- No short-term plans supplied
- Costlier plan required if you happen to want worldwide protection
UnitedHealthcare is an insurance coverage firm that’s devoted to creating the well being care system work higher for everybody. Its plans can serve clients of all ages, beginning in childhood and persevering with all through the retirement years. The corporate companions with greater than 1.3 million well being care professionals and over 6,500 hospitals to present clients the liberty to entry healthcare wherever they’re. This insurance coverage supplier has a robust monetary standing and good rankings, making it a dependable choice for almost anyone.
- Individuals who need flexibility of their well being care protection
- Individuals who need supplemental insurance coverage protection
- Individuals who qualify for each Medicare and Medicaid
- Presents all kinds of plans
- Robust monetary and customer support rankings
- ACA and non ACA plans obtainable
- Not all plans ACA-compliant
- The web site could make it tough to get a quote
Molina Healthcare will get an general ranking of three out of 5 stars.
Customers discover the web site simple to make use of for getting quotes on a number of well being plans. The affected person portal is handy for wanting up coated companies, coverages and deductibles, payments, funds and private well being info. Molina’s cellular app retains shoppers knowledgeable whereas they’re on the go.
The number of plans is great with a number of choices for low or excessive deductibles and out-of-pocket prices.
Molina additionally will get excessive scores for selling wellness actions and offering preventative companies without charge.
Customers can count on to get their claims resolved in a well timed method and obtain an evidence of advantages and fees.
The one factor Molina might enhance on is to offer higher customer support and produce their rankings for serving clients up larger, however general, they’re a sensible choice of a healthcare supplier.
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Does Molina provide imaginative and prescient or dental care?
Does Molina provide imaginative and prescient or dental care?
Molina gives supplemental insurance policies for imaginative and prescient and dental care. Customers can select preventative or complete plans. That is a part of Molina’s dedication to wellness.
Do shoppers qualify for a subsidy to assist pay for healthcare premiums?
Do shoppers qualify for a subsidy to assist pay for healthcare premiums?
Many shoppers qualify for subsidies to offset the price of the premium. The subsidy is set by the person’s earnings and the solutions to questions on the applying. Candidates will be taught whether or not they qualify for a subsidy and the way a lot it’s on the time they obtain their quote.
- HealthCare.gov. “Preventative Well being Companies.” Accessed March 3, 2022.
- NAIC Criticism Index. Accessed March 3, 2022.
- Higher Enterprise Bureau. Accessed March 3, 2022.